Individuality has become a growing need for consumers purchasing products within the hair-care and traditional beauty industry. Users no longer want to be given cookie-cutter hair products that market themselves to every hair-type imaginable. Instead, the modern at home stylist wants a set of products that is specifically tailored to the needs of their hair. And why shouldn't they? The hair is a personal, variable part of the body; everyone's hair is different and requires different things to look and feel its best.
Function of Beauty caters to this growing need within the beauty and hair industry. This company's website allows consumers to fill out a simple questionnaire and establish their own unique, tailored hair-care routine for themselves. The regimen created on the Function of Beauty website are customized to users' hair types, goals, and even their own fragrances. Consumers can purchase the products as part of a recommended regimen with either a one-time purchase or a subscription.
- 1 What is Function of Beauty?
- 2 The Hair Quiz by Function of Beauty
- 3 Products by Function of Beauty
- 4 Frequently Asked Questions About Function of Beauty
- 4.1 Q: Why is it important to take the Function of Beauty hair quiz?
- 4.2 Q: Does the user have to buy the shampoo and conditioner together?
- 4.3 Q: How does the Function of Beauty Hair Care subscription work?
- 4.4 Q. Does Function of Beauty have products for customers that have allergens?
- 4.5 Q: How much does Function of Beauty cost?
- 4.6 Q. Are Function of Beauty products safe for use if pregnant?
- 5 Contacting the Customer Service Team
- 6 Final Thoughts
What is Function of Beauty?
Function of Beauty gives hair care personalization a whole new meaning with individually-filled, specifically formulated products that give users a customized approach to hair care regardless of your hair type, goals, colors or fragrance.
When it comes to hair care, the average consumer typically shampoos and conditions their hair with formulas from the grocery store that seemingly fit their needs. However, the industry is fill with so many brands and hair solutions that finding a shampoo and conditioner that meets the needs and goals of an individual user is often a difficult undertaking. Consumers are essentially left to guess what might work, and they are often limited to options that aren’t specific to their hair type. Function of Beauty aims to change the way that customers approach hair care by giving them the personalized solutions they actually need.
Function of Beauty is anything but the average hair product company, stating “With Function of Beauty, you decide what goes into your formula (and what doesn’t) and what you get out of it. Want to be a luscious mermaid? Rock those waves. Rather play it smooth? We got you then too.” The brand is centered around making unique formulas that offer every single benefit that the customer wants from a shampoo or conditioner, but with their specific hair qualities and necessities in mind. To make this innovative option possible, the user first takes the hair quiz available on the Function of Beauty website.
The Hair Quiz by Function of Beauty
To ensure that every consumer finds the regimen that works with their particular hair, new users are invited to the “Hair Quiz.” The questionnaire helps the company to build the users’ hair profile with important details that the team needs to know to recommend the right products, Customers will answer questions about:
- Their hair type (straight, wavy, curly, or coily)
- Their hair structure (fine, medium, or coarse)
- Their scalp moisture
- Their hair goals, which includes a list that users can select five goals from (including fixing split ends, hydration, nourishing the roots, etc.)
- Fragrance options they would like to include (rose, eucalyptus, cherry blossom, fragrance free, etc.)
- How strong of a fragrance that they would like (light, medium, or strong)
- What the user wants to name the formula, which will become the new name of the bottle i.e. Function of (Your Name)
- The color they want their shampoo and conditioner to be (which may differ with the customizations selected)
The survey is about four pages long, but it only takes minutes to complete. Once the user has completed the quiz, they will choose the size and frequently of shipments for their new hair products. Users can choose from an 8-ounce or 16-ounce bottle for each product, though they also have the option of purchasing the shampoo and conditioner separately. If the user wants to regularly receive the formulas in a subscription, this option can also be selected on the final page of the quiz.
Though users can opt out of the sets, they can also choose from several hair treatments that are not customized to their needs but are chosen as recommendations from the hair goals the user selected during the quiz. The website also offers a TSA-friendly travel set that includes hair ties and four reusable travel bottles to help their customers keep their hair-care routine going while on the road or vacationing.
Once the user makes their selections on their unique hair regimen, they are taken to the ordering page, which allows users to get their set in as little as less than a week after they make the purchase. The company presently accepts most major credit cards and PayPal as forms of payment.
Products by Function of Beauty
Even though the company focuses on creating a customized regimen, it is only actually made up of a few different products that are recommended to users, based on their new hair profile. The brand carries the following formulas, which can all be customized:
- Shampoo + Conditioner. Created specifically from the user’s hair profile. When it comes to this brand, the creators simply don’t develop “one size fits all” products, because one product never fits everyone’s needs. These formulas can only be chosen after the user takes the hair quiz.
- Purple Shampoo. Used to infuse the hair with purple pigments that eliminate the brassy tones that can exist in bleached, highlighted, or blonde hair. It also improves how long the color lasts, and it can be customized to the user’s needs.
- Leave-In. A lightweight conditioner that can be left in the hair after washing, smoothing and hydrating the hair over an extended period of time.
- Hair Mask. A weekly treatment which helps to infuse extremely dry hair with the moisture it thirsts for. The treatment includes Japanese sake extract, argan oil, and jojoba ester oil at its base, though the recommendations of the hair profile determine what other ingredients are added to reach the user’s hair goals.
- Hair Serum. Used to help smooth away frizz, improve shine, and help with the manageability of the hair on a daily basis. The base of the product is made of argan oil, jojoba oil, and sunflower oil before being mixed with the custom ingredients from the hair profile.
The Function of Beauty also offers gift cards for users who want to pass the gift of a personalized hair-care regimen onto their family, friends, or partner. All orders come with the pump, and come loose and disassembled in the box. You can also choose whether you want to receive a new set of pumps on your order confirmation page.
Frequently Asked Questions About Function of Beauty
Here are answers to some of the most commonly asked questions associated with the Function of Beauty brand and its products.
Q: Why is it important to take the Function of Beauty hair quiz?
A: With the hair quiz, the team of experts at Function of Beauty are able to find a regimen that caters to the user’s hair type to get the most personalized results possible. Without a quiz like this, Function of Beauty would be unable to offer consumers the most customized hair-care products possible. One of the questions on this quiz actually even allows users to name their hair-care products!
Q: Does the user have to buy the shampoo and conditioner together?
A: No. Users can choose to purchase one or both products, which are available as both an 8-ounce and a 16-ounce bottle.
Q: How does the Function of Beauty Hair Care subscription work?
A: With the subscription, consumers will have the choice of receiving their products every one, three, or six months. Their total cost will depend on several factors, including the size of the bottles that they choose, whether they want to get both the shampoo and conditioner, and if they add on any of the custom recommendations. Consumers will get free shipping for signing up for the subscription. An added note, that since all formulas are fully customized, Function of Beauty cannot accept returns or apply refunds after your order has been processed.
Q. Does Function of Beauty have products for customers that have allergens?
A. Yes! The official Function of Beauty website expresses how each formulate is free of harmful parabens, sulfates, mineral oils, gluten, phthalates and is vegan + cruelty-free. And the ingredients are all natural and the products are are customized in the USA.
Q: How much does Function of Beauty cost?
A: The reason we chose not to list a “pricing” section on this review is because Function of Beauty prices are highly variable. Prices depend on the type of product that's personalized, the size of container ordered, the frequency of shipments, and other factors. For this line of products, users are best served by filling out the questionnaire available on the Function of Beauty website to learn what their hair products will cost and do for them. Many also ask which payment methods are accepted by Function of Beauty, which presently, consumers can pay for the cost of their products with Mastercard, Visa, Discover, American Express, and PayPal that also ships worldwide!
Q. Are Function of Beauty products safe for use if pregnant?
A. Yes, The products are all safe for use during pregnancy. If you have any specific concerns though, the company always suggests checking with your physician first before using.
For any other questions or concerns, reach out to the customer service team.
Contacting the Customer Service Team
Even though most of the information that consumers will need can be found on the official website, they may need to reach out the customer service team with concerns that are specific to their own order or regimen. The customer service team can be reached by filling out the form found on their Contact Us page here or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Function of Beauty offers consumers a unique opportunity to reach their exact hair quality that they desire through the use of personalized products specially formulated for their hair type and structure. Every single product is customized to their particular needs, which ensures that they won’t be purchasing remedies that work against them. With the opportunity to choose from a basic hair program or one that is enhanced with the recommended products, this regimen gives the customer complete control of exactly how their hair feels, looks, and even smells without any damaging ingredients.