Kim Kardashian West has launched a line of facemasks under her SKIMS product line.
The reality TV star and influencer is selling the ‘seamless’ face masks in five colors: onyx, clay, sand, cocoa, and sienna. The face masks are now available for purchase through SKIMS.com, which also sells Kim K’s shapewear.
The range of reusable, non-medical masks cost $8 apiece, although you can buy bundles of two for $15 or four for $25.
Kim Kardashian announced the news via Good Morning America on May 16.
SKIMS has announced plans to donate 10,000 masks to charities in need, on top of a $1 million donation in March. SKIMS has partnered with the National Domestic Workers Alliance, L.A. Food Bank, Good+Foundation and Baby2Baby.
The 39-year old mother of four launched SKIMS in 2019 after years of creating her own shapewear at home and dying it. The company specializes in shapewear for all different skin tones and the latest to come out with is the one size fits all SKIMS Seamless Face Mask.
About SKIMS Masks
SKIMS shapewear aims to be durable, modern, and comfortable, helping enhance your body’s natural features. It’s also available in multiple colors.
SKIMS took a similar approach with the new seamless face masks. The masks fit snugly over your face, with two loopholes wrapping behind your ears.
Other features of the SKIMS seamless face masks include:
- One size fits all design
- 97% nylon and 3% spandex
- Machine wash cold, tumble dry low temperature
- Made in Los Angeles
The mask is not a medical-grade respirator. The sales page on SKIMS.com specifically claims that the mask “will not eliminate the risk of contracting disease or infection”, although it does “reduce exposure to dust, allergens, germs and bodily fluids”. Including the coronavirus.
The mask is washable.
SKIMS sells a range of shapewear and shapewear accessories, including bras, shorts, panties, pasties, and more. There are solutions specifically for your tummy, butt, waist, and thighs.
As with other shapewear products, SKIMS products are undergarments that enhance your figure. They tighten and tone specific parts of your body, helping you look your best. You wear the products underneath your clothing.
All SKIMS products are available to order in multiple skin tones for anyone to wear. As mentioned above, Kim Kardashian West claims to have dyed her old shapewear to make it work. Today, anyone can choose the exact shapewear color they want.
SKIMS products include bras, panties, shorts, accessories, and more. Current product offerings include:
- SKIMS Bras: SKIMS offers dozens of types of bras, including the bandeau bra, scoop neck bra, t-shirt bra, triangle bralette, t-shirt push up bra, underwire mesh bra, and more.
- SKIMS Panties: SKIMS offers dozens of types of panties, including the thong, cheeky brief, cotton dipped thong, boy short, sculpting mid waist brief, stretch rib brief, satin thing, naked boy short, and more.
- SKIMS Shorts: SKIMS offers dozens of types of shorts, including boy shorts, smooth essentials shorts, naked boy shorts, stretch rib shorts, and more.
- SKIMS Shapewear: SKIMS offers shapewear that targets all different parts of your body, including the sculpting short above the knee, high waisted bonded short, sculping bodysuit, sculpting mid waist brief, open bust slip dress, and more.
- SKIMS Waist Trainers: SKIMS offers a waist trainer designed to be worn around your midsection to accentuate your body’s natural curves. The waist trainer is made from ultra-thin, high-tech neoprene that’s soft to the touch.
- SKIMS Lounge Wear: SKIMS offers several lounge wear products, including the cozy knit robe, cotton rib slip dress, cozy knit pant, cozy knit tank, thermal leggings, and more. The products promise to help you lounge in style.
- SKIMS Accessories: SKIMS offers several accessories that help you maintain your outfit, including body tape and pasties. You can shop styling solutions by support level, including medium support, high support, and super high support.
Most SKIMS products are available in about 10 different colors, including bone, slate green, sand, mica, honey, clay, ochre sienna, jasper, umber, and more.
All SKIMS products are available to order online through SKIMS.com.
Frequently Asked Questions About SKIMS
Misinformation has never been more prevalent than in these uncertain times of pandemic and lockdown. This section should clear things up by answering some of the most commonly asked questions about SKIMS, as well as their popular new line of masks.
Q: What products does SKIMS offer?
A: SKIMS is gaining ample attention for its line of protective masks, but the company also produces a number of additional wearable products. As of now, this manufacturer sells bras, panties, shorts, shapewear, waist trainers, loungewear, and accessories. All of these offerings are available in multiple colors, making them highly customizable.
Q: Can SKIMS masks protect against COVID-19?
A: The general scientific consensus is that masks can help to prevent users from spreading germs to others around them. Most non-surgical masks are mostly ineffective at preventing the user from getting the virus, but they do still provide some level of more general protection.
Q: How do you use SKIMS masks?
A: Like most masks, SKIMS products are relatively simple to use. The mask fits snugly over your mouth and nose, and the loops on either side are attached around both ears. When attached properly, these masks should provide a solid amount of protection against germs and many airborne illnesses and viruses.
Q: How does shapewear work?
A: In addition to the new line of masks, Kim Kardashian West's company also manufactures skin-colored shapewear. Shapewear helps to form and present your figure in different ways. The company's colors are relatively inclusive; they offer many different shades to match nearly any skin tone that you might have.
Here’s how pricing breaks down:
- 1 Mask: $8
- 2 Masks: $15
- 4 Masks: $25
The online store also sells a small or large neoprene pouch for $6 or $12 that you can use to carry your mask.
The SKIMS seamless face mask is available to order online today through SKIMS.com.