Martha & Marley Spoon is a meal delivery service available across the United States and around the world.
Found online at MarleySpoon.com, Martha & Marley Spoon lets subscribers choose from 22+ recipes each week, including exceptional ingredients from trusted suppliers that take less than 30 minutes and 6 steps to cook.
Is Martha & Marley Spoon worth the price? How does Marley Spoon work? Find out everything you need to know about the Marley Spoon meal delivery service today in our review.
- 1 What is Martha & Marley Spoon?
- 2 How Does Martha & Marley Spoon Work?
- 3 What’s in a Martha & Marley Spoon Meal Kit?
- 4 Martha & Marley Spoon Menu & Sample Dishes
- 5 Martha & Marley Spoon Pricing
- 6 Martha & Marley Spoon Reviews: What Do Customers Have to Say?
- 7 About Martha & Marley Spoon
- 8 Final Word
What is Martha & Marley Spoon?
Martha & Marley Spoon is a meal delivery service endorsed by Martha Stewart. The company is linked with meal delivery service Dinnerly: both are subsidiaries of MMM Consumer Brands Inc.
While Dinnerly focuses on the budget meal delivery service market, Martha & Marley Spoon caters to mid-range budgets.
Like other food delivery services, Martha & Marley Spoon emphasizes fresh ingredients and delicious recipes. The company delivers everything you need to put together its meals (although you may need to add some of your own olive oil, salt, pepper, and other basic ingredients).
For as little as $50 per week (including delivery fees), Martha & Marley Spoon delivers ready-to-make meal kits featuring tasty ingredients, unique recipes, and Martha Stewart’s unique spices.
Other things that make Martha & Marley Spoon unique include 22 meal options each week, sustainably-sourced ingredients, and high-quality recipes you won’t find with other services.
Martha & Marley Spoon is available to order across the United States, Austria, Australia, Belgium, Germany, Denmark, the Netherlands, and Sweden.
You can interact with Martha & Marley Spoon via the mobile app (for iOS or Android) or the official website at MarleySpoon.com.
How Does Martha & Marley Spoon Work?
Martha & Marley Spoon works similarly to other meal delivery services. You subscribe to Martha & Marley Spoon, then receive a customized selection of meal kits each week.
Each meal kit includes the ingredients you need. You read the recipe, follow the instructions, and enjoy delicious, home-made food under 30 minutes.
Most meal kits include fewer than 6 steps, with cooking times ranging from 15 to 30 minutes.
Here’s the step-by-step process for getting Martha & Marley Spoon meal kits delivered to your door:
Step 1) Sign up online at MarleySpoon.com or through the mobile app.
Step 2) Choose from 22 weekly recipes. Marley Spoon offers a new selection of recipes each week, with some favorite dishes carried over from week to week. You can choose the exact meals you want each week. Or, you can skip a week without issue.
Step 3) Schedule delivery. Pick one date a week for Marley Spoon to deliver to your address. Marley Spoon will deliver your meals in an insulated box, keeping your food refrigerated even if you’re not able to pick it up immediately.
Step 4) Start cooking. Marley Spoon lets you skip meal planning and start cooking immediately. Each recipe features approximately 6 steps with pre-measured ingredients. Just follow the recipe instructions, then eat.
What’s in a Martha & Marley Spoon Meal Kit?
Each Martha & Marley Spoon meal kit includes the core ingredients you need to make each dish. You also get an easy-to-follow recipe card – something you don’t get in Marley Spoon’s partner service, Dinnerly (which offers digital recipes via the mobile app or website).
Each Martha & Marley Spoon meal kit includes:
Easy-to-Follow Recipe Cards: All Marley Spoon meal kits come with easy-to-follow recipe cards featuring 6 steps, precise instructions, and photos to guide you along the way. The goal of each recipe is to “make chef-worthy cooking easy.”
Quality Ingredients: Marley Spoon emphasizes quality ingredients, including Martha Stewart’s favorite spice blends to make each dish unique. The meal kits include most things you need to make each recipe, although you may need to provide salt, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and other common cooking ingredients yourself.
Chilled and Insulated Box: Each Marley Spoon box is insulated, keeping ingredients fresh even if they’re sitting in front of your house all afternoon until you get home from work.
Martha & Marley Spoon Menu & Sample Dishes
Each week, 10 days before your delivery day, Martha & Marley Spoon email you with meal choices for that week. You choose the meals you want, then customize your order through the mobile app or MarleySpoon.com account menu.
Overall, Martha & Marley Spoon offers 22 recipes each week. Recipes are separated into 5 categories, including:
- Health & Diet
- Vegetarian & Vegan
- Meat & Fish
- Under 30 Minutes
Meals change from week to week, with dishes featuring seasonal ingredients, recent trends, and other customization options.
Here are some of the sample dishes available at the time of writing:
- Skillet Chicken Parmesan with Casarecce & Spinach
- Pan-Roasted Steak & Caramelized Onions
- Pork Tenderloin Roast with Corn Spoon Bread & Brussels Sprouts
- Tex-Mex Beef Taco Salad with Crispy Tortilla Strips
- Harissa Shrimp Skillet with Couscous
- Miso-Honey Glazed Salmon
- Spinach & Tomato Lasagna Rolls
- Brown Butter Cheese Ravioli with Spinach & Pine Nut Dressing
- Barbecue Baked Bean Pot Pie with Cheesy Scallion Cornbread
- Take-Out Style Grilled Tofu Banh-Mi with Pickled Veggies & Sriracha Mayo
- Salsa Verde Veggie Enchiladas with Cannellini Beans & Spinach
- Feta, Herb & Walnut Spaghetti with Tuscan Kale & Golden Raisins
Martha & Marley Spoon Pricing
Martha & Marley Spoon has a similar pricing model to Dinnerly, although it’s approximately twice as expensive. Dinnerly caters to budget markets, while Marley Spoon caters to a more mid-range meal delivery market.
You can choose a 2 person meal kit with Marley Spoon or a 4 person kit, with each kit containing 2 to 4 servings per meal:
With the 2 people option, you receive meal kits with 2 servings per kit, suitable for 2 people per meal (say, a couple).
- 2 Meals Per Week: $49.99 ($10.25 per portion + $8.99 shipping)
- 3 Meals Per Week: $62.93 ($8.99 per portion + $8.99 shipping)
- 4 Meals Per Week: $76.91 ($8.49 per portion + $8.99 shipping)
- 5 Meals Per Week: $91.89 ($8.29 per portion + $8.99 shipping)
- 6 Meals Per Week: $103.67 ($7.89 per portion + $8.99 shipping)
With the 4 people option, you receive meal kits with 4 servings per kit, suitable for 4 people per meal (say, a family of 4).
- 2 Meals Per Week: $76.91 ($8.49 per portion + $8.99 shipping)
- 3 Meals Per Week: $98.87 ($7.49 per portion + $8.99 shipping)
- 4 Meals Per Week: $120.83 ($6.99 per portion + $8.99 shipping)
- 5 Meals Per Week: $144.79 ($6.79 per portion + $8.99 shipping)
- 6 Meals Per Week: $162.35 ($6.39 per portion + $8.99 shipping)
All meal kit options come with flat rate shipping ($8.99 per order). You can skip a week at any time. You can also choose to make a boxed vegetarian, customize meal options, and personalize your Martha & Marley Spoon experience in other ways.
Martha & Marley Spoon Reviews: What Do Customers Have to Say?
Meal delivery services are subjective. All meal delivery services promise to deliver tasty, easy-to-make meals to your address in a convenient way. Not all meal delivery services, however, live up to that promise.
Generally, Martha & Marley Spoon is well-rated online by customers. However, with so many competing options available at a similar price, you may want to explore other food delivery services to verify Martha & Marley Spoon is the best fit.
Some of the pros and cons of customers include:
- 22 recipe choices each week, making it easy to swap out recipes you like and don’t like
- Unique meals that are different from other meal delivery services
- Prepare meals in under 40 minutes
- Customize meal deliveries, meal plans, delivery times, and other information
- All recipes come with 6 steps or fewer
- At-a-glance labels for low carb recipes, vegetarian and vegan recipes, and other meal categories
- Some customers complain meals aren’t as flavorful as they seem
- Shipping isn’t included (flat shipping fee of $9 per week)
- Picky eaters may or may not like the options available certain weeks
Overall, Martha & Marley Spoon tends to be well-rated, and pricing is competitive with other mid-range meal delivery services. Martha & Marley Spoon is like a premium-quality meal delivery company at a mid-range price tag.
About Martha & Marley Spoon
Martha & Marley Spoon is a meal delivery service operated by MMM Consumer Brands Inc., which also operates a similar (but cheaper) meal delivery service named Dinnerly.
You can contact the makers of Marley Spoon via the following:
- Email: email@example.com
- Email Form: https://marleyspoon.com/contact
- Phone: 866-228-4513
- Mailing Address: 519 Eighth Avenue, 19th Floor, New York, NY 10018
Fabian Siegel and Till Neatby founded Marley Spoon. The company is registered in the United States. Martha Stewart teamed up with the founders to launch Marley Spoon earlier this year.
Martha & Marley Spoon is a meal delivery service available across the United States and other countries worldwide. For $50 to $160 per week, you receive 4 to 24 servings, including custom-designed dishes from Martha Stewart and the Martha & Marley Spoon team.
To learn more about Martha & Marley Spoon and how the company works, visit online today at MarleySpoon.com.